Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Principles of Multiplication

After having established iKhaya LikaBaba - home for orphaned and abandoned babies in Empangeni , 3 years later - the church has taken ownership of this ministry and we have moved from being Sean and I to a ten strong management team who carry the heart of God for orphans and have a vision and desire to run and grow and establish even greater things than I could ever do.

Sean and I have spent many hours talking about our new season in God and we have realised that there is still so much to do.  The deposit that God put in my heart 3 years ago is a permanent one, not one that I can run from or supress but use for God's glory.

God has been speaking to me about "mobilizing the church" .  We have learnt so much in the process and have made many mistakes and in God have had fantastic successes and so this new season will be one of mentorship and equipping.  It was suggested that I would be some kind of consultant but the term "consultant" sounds so much like a marketing term and so for my own peace of mind I would prefer to use the word - mentor.  I know that God is calling me to draw alongside churches and offer the rich deposit of skills, experience and insights.   After all, isn't that what our gifts and talents are to be used for - the edification of the church.

This is an exciting season of changing gears and a real sense of God increasing our influence and extending our tent pegs.  I know that this blog is necessary for those of you who would read this and be thinking "yes our church is feeling stirred to care for orphans but how do we do this?", or "we have a ministry that touches the lives of orphans but we need help, we need training, we need equipping".  By blogging hopefully you will catch the Father's Heart and you will get to know me just a little bit - and maybe even build up a little credibility along the way;) I am passionate about saving lives and changing destinies and I want to help others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment